The Current Environment
We have assisted a variety of health care organizations for over 15 years on a diverse number of projects including medical staff development plans, new program evaluation and implementation, feasibility studies regarding health system business opportunities, and grant writing.
Examples of Our Depth of Expertise
- Grant and Proposal Development and Writing: Successfully wrote 6 grants and proposals to local, state, and Federal agencies on behalf of FQHCs and hospitals in 2009 and 2010; Represent acute care hospitals and large physician group practices on health plan contract analysis, reimbursement strategy and negotiations.
- Performed Medical Staff Development Plans (MSDP) for 15 hospitals since 2000 that identified opportunities to fortify the medical staff, existing service lines, and establish new programs for the market place. These MSDPs also focused on physician demand/need, recruitment/retention, and leadership issues.
- Since 2000, have assisted over 12 hospitals and four large (25+ physicians) medical groups on market assessments and development of long range and shorter term business plans focused on service line enhancement and capital allocation. Worked closely with planning task forces comprising executive team members, physician leadership and Board of Trustees.
- Prepared annual “Community Benefit Program” submissions on behalf of acute care hospitals that are required by the IRS on the 1099 form.
- Facilitated executive and medical staff leadership planning retreats for several hospitals and large physician groups focused on establishing a meaningful dialogue that further advances the relationship between the Hospital and the medical staff.
- Since 1999 assisted many hospitals in the development and review of physician compensation plans to align goals and results.