Many hospitals have implemented clinical documentation improvement programs over the past few years. Some are successful; others are not. Most are not meeting the full potential.
ICD-10 is a game changer.
The best CDI practices, software, and staff cannot be successful without physician support. If you are not seeing consistently excellent documentation, there is high risk of substantial denials post ICD-10. Even high functioning programs need to make adjustments.
We can help you make the crucial documentation shift to ICD-10 and for current improvement.
- Our approach was developed by and is led by some of the most experienced CDI people in the industry. It is not a “one size fits all” approach.
- We build on your existing foundation providing what you need when you need it. For example, as you expand to a new specialty or service line we can provide the analytics and training for just that specialty or service line (i.e., Obstetrics).
- We utilize data mining to provide comprehensive, yet inexpensive, opportunity identification using your claims data. This approach is significantly faster than typical medical records-based assessments and provides a variety of data “slices”– i.e., departmental as well as service line.
- We employ a denial prevention mindset using data from a variety of internal data to solve the right problems.
- Physician-led physician education.
- Custom CDIS education focused on your specific opportunities. We use your medical records to make training relevant and effective.
- It is a “speed to value” approach that generates results fast.